By Paul Schlegel – Founder, WorkAtHomeTruth
This Big Profits University red flag write-up goes overs several elements within the sales process that you probably would want to know about.
Big Profits University Makes Use Of A Conditional Refund Policy
It’s critical that you understand one very impotant part of the Big Profits University refund policy:
“If you do not make a true attempt within 4 weeks of purchasing The Big Profits University, then our company takes no responsibility and we will not be held responsible for your lack of actions and a refund will not be granted.”
That’s called a conditional refund guarantee and you should stay FAR, FAR away from any company that offers one.
The “Free” Consultation Trap
Free consultation’s sound like a newbies dream. Unfortunately, newbies are a high-pressure, high-dollar salesperson’s favorite mark.
Here’s why this concerns me about so-called “free consultations”
I’ve often heard a huge number of horror stories from people being high-pressured to “invest” thousands of dollars after getting a so-called “free coaching call” or “business consultations”. Maybe this program’s coaching is different, but I wouldn’t put odds on it.
How To Handle A “Free Consultation” Sales Person
Your best bet is typically just to avoid the so-called, “free consultation” altogether. But if you do end up on the phone, make sure you follow these suggestions:
- Do not reveal your credit card limits, bank account balances, or any other financial details.
- If you hear promises that you’ll make specific dollar amounts, hang up.
- If the sales person tells you that they want to use you as one of their “success stories”, hang up.
Summary Of Other Big Profits University Red Flags
Red Flag #1) “As Seen On”
Big Profits University uses the claim “As Seen On” on the first page and then lists these logos:
- Fox News
However, there is no evidence at all that this claim is true. No way to click through to news stories and I haven’t found any news stories about Big Profits University associated with any of those media outlets.
Red Flag #2) Security Seals Are NOT Clickable To A 3rd Party Site
Security seals should be click out to a 3rd party verification site – otherwise they are meaningless. The BigProfitsUniversity.com Order Page uses the following seals that do NOT click out to a 3rd party verification site:
- Verisign Secured
- McAfee Secure
- TRUSTe EU Safe Harbor
You can see that in the video below:
Red Flag #3) Paid Testimonial Disclaimer Is Buried At The Bottom Of The Page
At the bottom of the page is a disclaimer for paid testimonials. Here’s what it looks like (I reduced the image size to fit on this post, but what matters is where it was located…NOT in a clear and conspicuous location):
Red Flag #4) Big Profits University Appears To Be Related To Other Questionable Sites
The following sites are the only 12 sites currently hosted on IP 18.104.22.168. Such a small number of sites typically means that they are owned or controlled by the same person or company. I’ve put out warnings about several of the following sites currently hosted on IP 22.214.171.124 (I’ve marked those in red)
- Big Profits University | BigProfitsUniversity.com | Warning Date: 03/24/2011
- eDigital Online System | eDigitalOnlineSystem.com
- eDirect Online Profits | eDirectOnlineProfits.com
- eMarketing Online System | eMarketingOnlinesystem.com | Warning Date: 12/28/2011
- Home Biz Solutions | Home-BizSolutions.com
- Home Business Profits Solutions | HomebusinessPofitSolutions.com
- Online Business Profit Miracle | OnlineBusinessProfitMiracle.com
- Secure Payment Solutions | Secure-Payment-Solutions.com | Warning Date: 03/24/2011
- Secure Online Profit System | SecureOnlineProfitSystem.com | Warning Date: 09/06/2011
- Secure Profit System Online | SecureProfitSystemOnline.com
- Tops Home Profits System | TopsHomeProfitsystem.com | Warning Date: 09/21/2011
- Total Online Profit System | TotalOnlineProfitSystem.com
If You're Struggling to Make Money Online Click Here to Get Answers to All of Your Questions About Making Money Online.